An unclean gun can lead to accidents. That is why it crucial to keep the gun clean and give it a nice cleaning now and then. This will make sure that the gun is in working condition and make sure that the life of the gun is longer. That is why one must invest their time and energy once in a while to clean their gun. However, this should be done by following the proper protocols and steps to avoid any accident or damage to the gun.
Here are some things required to clean a gun:
- Bore brush
- Cleaning rod
- Cleaning swab
- Cleaning jags
- Cotton swabs
- Cleaning patches
- Cleaning chemicals
- Luster cloth
- Drip pan
Steps to clean
The steps of cleaning the gun in the right way are:
- Unload the gun completely and remove the magazine.
- Using a dry copper bore brush, clean the barrel till the muzzle.
- Use a cleaning path and cleaning solvent to clean the barrel.
- Clean the outer part of the barrel.
- Now clean the action of the gun and lubricate the same.
- Dissemble the magazine and clean with cleaning solvent, and reassemble.
- Reassemble the gun and check the functionality.
- Given a final exterior wipe to the gun.
Things to consider
When one is considering cleaning their gun, it is better to be prepared beforehand. One should collect the needed requirements like solvents, cleaning patches, brushes, clothes, etc. after this, make sure that one has enough time to complete the task at hand, as it can take some time. And lastly, one should always consult the manual of the gun in which the cleaning process will be described in detail.